June 17, 2014 Leave a Comment
The Nikon 1 J4 grows the range of portable Nikon 1 system cameras and adopts a new body style with an aluminum housing. The speedy Nikon 1 J4 compact camera is smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the Nikon 1 J3, and features a CX-format 18.4 MP CMOS sensor (as used in the big brother Nikon 1 V3, minus a low-pass filter) and an Expeed 4A image processor. The sensor and image processor work together to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video recording with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800.
The Nikon 1 J4 comes also with an improved Hybrid AF System, which has 171 contrast detect and 105 phase-detect points ant that is fast, precise and controllable. The advanced hybrid system oscillates between contrast- and phase-detection focusing focusing methods depending on the detected scene type. The phase-detection focusing method and the processing power allow a continuous shooting up to an impressive 60 fps.
A large 3.0″ 1,037k-dot touchscreen is available for intuitive navigation in the menu as well as for employing touch focus and shutter release controls. A built-in Wi-Fi connectivity system is also present on the J4 and enables to instantly share images from the digital camera to iOS or Android mobile device.
The Nikon 1 J4 is available in silver, white, black and metallic orange.
Nikon 1 J4 specs:
- Sensor: 18.4 MP; CX-format CMOS sensor; 13.2mm x 8.8mm
- Lens mount: Nikon 1 mount
- Storage: microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC memory card
- File format: still images – JPEG, RAW + JPEG; movies – MOV (H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Codec)
- Sensitivity: ISO 160 – 12800
- Shutter: electronic; 1/16,000 to 30 s
- Monitor: 3.0 in. diagonal; 1,037,000 dots TFT-LCD with brightness adjustment
- Interface: Hi-speed USB; HDMI Type D mini-pin connector